Frequently Asked Questions
– How long do I roast a chicken for?
See our Cooking Guidelines Page
– How much mince should I buy to make a shepherd’s pie for 4?
See our Quantity Guidance Page
– Where should I store meat products in the fridge?
Raw meat products should always be stored in the bottom of the fridge. Cooked meat products should be stored above meat products.
– Should I wash meat before I cook it?
No. Cooking meat to the correct temperature, which is a minimum of 72 degrees Celsius, will kill any bacteria.
– How long can I keep fresh meat in the fridge?
Poultry – no more than 2 days
Other meats – 3-4 days
Products such as sausages and bacon may be kept longer as they contain some preservatives. (No more than 6 days).
– How long can I keep frozen products in the freezer?
The products will not deteriorate in the freezer but as a recommendation, we suggest you eat the product between 1-3 months after freezing.
– How should I defrost meat?
The perfect way is to defrost it in your fridge as it is a temperature controlled environment.
– How long can I keep pastry products in the fridge before freezing/cooking?
We suggest no more than 2 days.
– Can I reheat cooked meat products?
You can, as long as you ensure the core temperature of the product is at least 72 degrees Celsius.